Worried how you would manage a paediatric mass casualty incidents?
* Worried about the signs of post-traumatic stress in you or a colleague?
* Want to know more about non-accidental injury and trauma?
Well, we have the conference for you! David Hanna and I are chairing the paediatric major trauma session at the upcoming TraumaCare 2018 conference in April. We have put together a fascinating lineup of talks covering a wide range of topics relating to paediatric major trauma.
The Traumacare 2018 conference is taking place between 15th-18th April 2018 and the paediatric major trauma programme is on Tuesday 17th April. The venue is Yarnfield Park Conference Centre, Stone,Staffordshire, ST15 0NL. 09:00-17:00. Tickets are available on the Traumacare website.
* Consultants from Manchester Children’s ED explain what their team have learnt from managing paediatric mass trauma and how they completely adapted their trauma imaging guidelines
* EMRTS, the “Welsh Flying Medics” discuss the challenges of paediatric primary retrieval.
* Dr Ffion Davies from Leicester Children’s Hospital, delves into the challenging area of non-accidental injury and major trauma in children.
* Dr Giles Haythornthwaite presents a fascinating case of traumatic aortic transection and how it was managed at Bristol Royal Hospital for Children.
* Dr Rachel Sunley talks about TRiM, a new scheme of peer support to teams managing major paediatric trauma. We also have paediatric major trauma imaging workshop. It’s going to be great so book your tickets now.
Hope to see you there,
David Hanna and Duncan Courtney